DIMITROV, Zlatomir Dobrev
(Family name, First Name, Second name)
11/2004 – 07/2007 Master of Science; Meteorology; Direction: Remote sensing in Meteorology; Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridsky”, Faculty of Physics, Sofia, Bulgaria
10/1998 – 07/2004 Bachelor of Science; Astronomy, Geophysics and Meteorology; Direction: Remote sensing from Space; Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridsky”, Faculty of Physics, Sofia, Bulgaria
02/2016 until now Space Research and Technology Institute at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (space.bas.bg; rse-sri.com)
06/2012 until now Agency of Sustainable Development and Eurointegration – ASDE
02/2008 – 02/2016 Remote Sensing Application Center – ReSAC (resac-bg.org)
12/2004 – 08/2007 National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (meteo.bg)
Key qualifications, and interests
Remote sensing from Space, Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), SAR Polarimetry (PolSAR), SAR Interferometry (InSAR), SAR Polarimetric-Interferometry (POLinSAR), Atmospheric corrections (ATCOR2/3); web-development (web-GIS) and server technologies.
English – B2; Francais – A2;
Software for Image processing – optical and SAR, GIS, OBIA;
Microsoft based software components and Operating systems; UNIX based software components (OS) and Operating systems, server solutions and components.
Scientific projects participation:
2015 – 2016 Project: FEMA
2014 Scientific application on SAR mapping of mine activity based on ENVISAT/ERS; Responsibilities: SAR Interferometry (InSAR), Coherent Change Detection, data repository
2013 – 2014 Project: EUFODOS
2011 – 2013 Project: GEOLAND-2
2009 Scientific application on assessment sustainability of crops based on VHR SAR imagery from TerraSAR-X and validation with aero-photo imagery, mapping.
Participation in international projects and programs on national level with non-scientific character.
Participation in international conferences and those on national level.
Trainings and Workshops
Attended on several Trainings and Workshops, dedicated to Remote Sensing from Space for EO, on national level (including, international participation) and International, such are in ESA/ESRIN (Italy), Infoterra Gmbh (Germany), Joanneum Research (Austria), EUMETSAT (Poland, Czech R.)
Attended on several IT trainings and courses in Bulgaria.
1. Zlatomir Dimitrov, Yana Nikolova, Vassil Vassilev, “APPLICATION OF SAR SENSORS FOR LAND COVER/USE CHANGES MONITORING IN BULGARIA”, XXIV International Symposium on Modern Technologies, Education and Professional Practice in Geodesy and Related Fields, ISSN 2367-6051, Conference Abstract “38_a_EN.pdf”, 2014
2. Pavel Milenov, Vassil Vassilev, Anna Vassileva, Radko Radkov, Vessela Samoungi, Zlatomir Dimitrov, Nikola Vichev, “Monitoring of the risk of farmland abandonment as an efficient tool toassess the environmental and socio-economic impact of the CommonAgriculture Policy”, Remote Sensing Application Center – ReSAC, International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation 32 (2014) 218–227, 2014
3. Zlatomir Dimitrov, Alexander Gikov, “APPLICATION OF ATMOSPHERIC CORRECTIOS OF VHR-SATELLITE IMAGERY, IN MOUNTAINOUS AREAS”, SES2013, Ninth Scientific Conference with International Participation - SPACE, ECOLOGY, SAFETY; ISRTI - BAS Sofia, 2013
4. R. Radkov, N. Tsvetkova, A. Vassileva, Z. Dimitrov „Contribution to GMES Operational Capacity Reference Database“, Remote Sensing Application Center - ReSAC, 2nd GMES Operational Capacity Workshop, Sheraton Hotel, Sofia, 2011
5. Konstantin Stefanov, Zlatomir Dimitrov, "Trans-European Transport Corridors Reference Land Cover Data - Ground cover along major transport axes of the Republic of Bulgaria", Remote Sensing Application Center - ReSAC, 2nd GMES Operational Capacity Workshop, Sheraton Hotel, Sofia, 2011